How do you relate to Jesus?

Jesus has over 100 different names and titles. He is the Shepherd, Judge, King, Advocate ... and many others. In each of these many capacities He performs another of His great functions. In Him all things Hold together (Col 1:17). Through Him we are made, and "through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." (John 1:3:8).

We each relate to Him in different ways. I came to Him as the Light, that is how I first saw Him. I love John 1:1-10, and my very favorite bible verse is John 1:5, "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." When I read John's opening verse, I always cry.

I also relate to Him as the Judge. My sin weighs heavily on me. It is so ugly. Also, sin weighs on me due to the fact that the world fails to understand their sin-crimes, and the destiny of unforgiven sinners. I also am relieved by His grace that He will not judge us, and instead pardon us from our crimes, expunging the record. (Colossians 2:14). Wow. We serve a God who displays so much mercy it is indescribable.

So to me, my Savior is Light, and Judge. Who is He to you? If you're stuck, you can click on the link above, it lists all His titles and attributes along with the bible verse that supports it. How do you best enjoy relating to Jesus and what verse reflects this connection between you and Him?

Comments

  1. To me He is first and foremost Savior, Light and Truth.

    I also love His name as I AM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate to Jesus as Saviour, friend, brother, master, servant, living word, double edge sword and oh so much more but these first.

    I have a book and a cd with 365 names of God, by John Paul Jackson, makes for great reading and worshiping.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting this, it really lifted me up.

    Luke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment