Psalm 8

I'm very grateful to Jesus for all He does for me, undeserving as I am. The more I read His word, pray, and watch the Spirit's work in me and the world, the more I am in awe of His holy Being. And David's question is a good one. I ask it too, "what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?" Indeed?! Who am I? Yet He saves us, provides for us, teaches us, loves us, and so much more, despite our faltering and ridiculous fumbles. O Lord, you are loving! How wonderful will be the day when all will know your majestic name in all the earth!

LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouth of babies and infants,
you have established strength because of your foes,
to still the enemy and the avenger.
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?
Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet,
all sheep and oxen,
and also the beasts of the field,
the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea,
whatever passes along the paths of the seas.
O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Comments

  1. I want to have the closeness you have with Christ . I'm so ashamed to say that even with following what's going on, I've been drifting from The Lord lately. I feel like Im in the twilight zone by my own doing. I know God has heard my cries of repentance and I pray this post will draw many others to Christ.

    Reading you speak of the greatness, faithfulness of God and how He's been working in your life is an amazing testimony to the unending richness and worth of walking obediently with The Lord. Thanks for sharing Elizabeth, we truly have a Loving Father, Saviour and God. God bless..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie!

      He loves you with an eternal grace and abounding love, and is holding His arms out open for you right now. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment