I wanna go home...don't worry be happy

I listened to these sweet songs last night, after an exceptionally hard day and a rough and tumble week. The list shows a progression of thought I underwent, and likely many of you also. I can't linger or wallow in pity or stay down licking my wounds. I have to rely on the Lord to brush me off and then I go on my way.

"I'm worried."
"Don't worry- be happy. In your life, expect some trouble. When you worry you make it double."
[Petulantly] "I want to go home."
"I wanna to go home."
"I wanna to go home."
"Oh well, Every little thing gonna be all right."

I'm a Worried Man


Don't Worry Be Happy


I Wanna Go Home


Take me Home Country Roads


Day O (Daylight Come Me Wanna Go Home)


Every Little Thing Gonna Be All Right (Don't Worry)






Comments

  1. Elizabeth I do believe we must be from the same family tree or something,lol. Love Reggae, my family is from WV, so Country Roads is as dear to the heart as the Star Spangled Banner, but never heard it in Reggae! And Bobby McFerrin and Don't Worry Be Happy literally got me through one of the hardest years of my life. When words fail, music speaks. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the 'soft' reggae. I was astounded to read about Toots Hibbert. Toots and the Maytals are a Jamaican reggae group led by Toots Hibbert. I listened to them in my freshman year of college, which was back in 1978. Some Jamaicans my roommate knew intriduced me to the music. It was then I found the song Country Roads. John Denver made it famous in 1971, Toots & the Maytals covered it in 1974. I bought the record album in 1978.

      Then Willie Nelson went reggae in 2005 and released "I'm a Worried Man." Though I own the song from iTunes, I learned Friday night by watching the video that it is the same Toots Hibbert from Toots and the Maytals singing the duet with him. In the video at first I thought that it was the original Toots' son, because Mr Hibbert looks like he hasn't aged a DAY since 1978 when I got the Maytals album! Mr Hibbert was born in 1945, making him 60 years old in the vid. (Willie is 72 in the video, he is 79 now).

      It was nice to see my tastes haven't changed, lol. I still like Toots Hibbert as I did 34 years ago.

      Yes, when words won't do, even bible words, lol, sometimes you got to sing.

      Delete

Post a Comment